Boast Capital helps businesses in the US and Canada recover their R&D costs from the government. We are one of the largest independent R&D tax firms in North America.
Boast Capital is looking for a tax manager for its US operations. In this role, you will work closely with the Managing Director and handle the entire R&D claim process for our clients.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Become an expert on the R&D tax program
- Understand client operations to qualify projects for R&D tax
- Gather technical and financial information and prepare all necessary documentation
- Support clients in scientific and financial reviews conducted by the IRS
- Maintain regular communications with clients – keep them informed on the status of their claim as well as any updates to the R&D tax program
- Plan and complete client engagements on time and within budget
Skills and qualifications:
- Must have a university Accounting Degree with US CPA accreditation
- 5+ years experience in accounting and tax
- High level of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with external client personnel at all levels of management
- Excellent time management skills as well as the ability to work independently and handle multiple client projects simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to capture an audience during a presentation
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Energy, passion, humor, compassion and enthusiasm
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Masters degree a plus
- Previous experience with R&D tax and/or other technology grants a plus.
Commensurate with experience
Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to [email protected]