Boast automates R&D Tax claims by combining proprietary AI-driven software with in-house engineers and CPAs. 300+ companies in the US and Canada use Boast to maximize their R&D tax returns and de-risk their audits while drastically reducing the impact on their internal resources.
Our offices are in San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and support overall web architecture for multi-tenant SaaS platform
- Design and implement continuous integration and deployment
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Design and deployment of our database
- Design and construction of our REST API
- Integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API
- “Pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface
- Communicate with the business teams in order to ensure the technical solution meets business requirements/needs
- 3-5 years experience building end-to-end web applications
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid grasp of fundamental concepts related to system design, such as data structures, algorithms, and operating systems
- Experience with Python web frameworks such as Django, Django Rest Framework
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with automation using either Shell scripting, Python or other similar languages
- Understanding of basic financial and accounting language and terminology
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Ability to work unsupervised, in the office or remote as part of a distributed team and be able to produce high quality work
- Understanding of technologies such as virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, massive data storage, and security
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL pipeline development, and data warehousing
- Experience in systems design, with the ability to architect or explain complex systems interactions including data flows, common interfaces, APIs and methods available
- Experience architecting, developing and/or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments
Why work with us?
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Flexibility in your workplace – you have the option to work from our downtown office or from home
- Open and transparent management structure – collaboration is how we make decisions happen
- Career growth within this role, including leadership and product innovation opportunities
Please send your resume to email@example.com.