Boast automates R&D Tax claims by combining proprietary AI-driven software with in-house engineers and CPAs. 300+ companies in the US and Canada use Boast to maximize their R&D tax returns and de-risk their audits while drastically reducing the impact on their internal resources.
Our offices are in San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver innovative AI solutions in various areas of the Boast.AI platform
- Identify appropriate models to be used and improve model accuracy for the Boast.AI platform
- Participate in the product definition, especially around the aspects of AI, attempting to translate complex business requirements into concrete technical solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of work experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including software development
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Scala, Java, C, C++
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, in the office or remote as part of a distributed team and be able to produce high quality work
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Experience with Google Cloud architecture and products
- Experience with one or more frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, Apache Beam, Spark
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
- Python proficiency
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
Why work with us?
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Flexibility in your workplace – you have the option to work from our downtown office or from home
- Open and transparent management structure – collaboration is how we make decisions happen
- Career growth within this role, including leadership and product innovation opportunities
Please send your resume to email@example.com.