Each year the US government gives out billions of dollars in R&D tax credits through a very manual and broken process.
At Boast.AI, we are building the future of tax credit recovery with artificial intelligence so companies can get larger returns without the manual work and audit risk.
Our offices are in San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary. We are looking for an R&D Tax Specialist to join our US team.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and delivery of a number of concurrent R&D tax credit filings
- Meet with clients to understand their projects, analyze accounting details, prepare appropriate tax computations and forms
- Prepare technical and financial documentation and reports to support the R&D tax credit filings
- Track client R&D tax credit filing statuses as well as manage and escalate issues and risks as appropriate
- Research the tax law to support R&D tax credit filings as needed and become an expert on R&D tax law
- Contribute to the development and sharing of R&D tax credit preparation best practices within the company
- Assist with IRS audits, respond to IRS inquiries, draft opinion letters, and write other technical memoranda
- Pro-actively assist clients and maintain regular communications throughout the year
Skills and qualifications:
- 3-5 years R&D Tax Credit experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience translating technical information into non-technical language
- Ability to synthesize disparate sources of information into a cohesive narrative
- High level of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with external client personnel at all levels of management
- Excellent time management skills as well as the ability to work independently and handle multiple client projects simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to capture an audience during a presentation
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
Commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.