Boast automates R&D Tax claims by combining proprietary AI-driven software with in-house engineers and CPAs. 300+ companies in the US and Canada use Boast to maximize their R&D tax returns and de-risk their audits while drastically reducing impact to their internal resources.
With offices in San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary, we continue to innovate new products and services to meet our clients’ needs.
We are actively seeking a Financial Controller to join our Vancouver team. Working closely with our CEO, the Financial Controller provides accounting and financial back office management services to our clients, as well as internal financial management.
This is a career-growth opportunity, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the company and its growth, build and lead a small team, and contribute to Boast’s products and services.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare and review tax filings
- Represent clients with the CRA
- Directly support customers with tax questions
- Prepare and review Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement
- Review and manage accounting processes, including General Ledger activities, month end close, account reconciliation
- Budget and forecast preparation
- Accounts receivable and invoicing
- Accounts payable bill creation and payment processing
- Payroll processing
- Payroll tax filings
- Sales tax filings
- Cash flow management
- Account variance analysis
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through ongoing communication and exceptional service
Skills and qualifications:
- Must have a university Accounting Degree with CPA accreditation
- 5+ years of experience in financial backoffice, accounting, and tax
- High level of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with external client personnel at all levels of management
- Excellent time management skills as well as the ability to work independently and handle multiple client projects simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to capture an audience during a presentation
- Experience with office productivity tools
- Energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Masters degree a plus
- Previous experience with R&D tax/ SR&ED a plus.