To celebrate the launch of Plug and Play Accelerator Canada, Plug and Play Tech Center is teaming with The Consulate General of Canada and Boast Capital to host Calgary’s first Startup Showdown on Tuesday, October 9th at the Assembly Coworking Space, Suite 400, 119 14th St NW, Calgary from 5-8pm.
Startups are invited to pitch for $25,000 investment and a spot in Plug and Play Accelerator Canada. The judges panel is comprised of leading investors from Canada and the US. Winning startups will also get the following:
- Free office space at the Assembly Coworking Space in Calgary (3 months) and at the Plug and Play Tech Center in Silicon Valley (3 months).
- Weekly mentorship sessions with the opportunity to hear from experienced Canadian and Silicon Valley investors, entrepreneurs and executives.
- Access to a network of over 180+ VCs and angel investors.
- Startups that graduate from the program are also eligible for an additional three months of office space and mentorship in Silicon Valley through the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program run by the Consulate General of Canada.
- Plug and Play Accelerator Canada will conclude with a demo day in Silicon Valley where VCs, angel investors, media partners and other stakeholders will be invited to review the final pitches and progress of the startups.
Apply to Pitch for $25,000 on October 9th, 2012