Each year the Canadian government provides over $3.4 billion to more than 22,000 businesses, under the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program, to develop new or improve existing products, processes, principles, methodologies, or materials.
Boast Capital is looking for a Business Development Manager in Edmonton. In this role, you will be working closely with the management team and focusing on pursuing sales leads and prospective clients, delivering presentations and proposals, and developing personal sales strategy.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with prospective clients and referral partners to generate new business consistently at or above quota
- Maintain high levels of prospecting activity and quickly establish credibility and trusted relationships with prospective clients
- Become an expert on SR&ED and qualifying clients for the program
- Research sources for generating new business
- Research and attend industry and related events, seminars, trade shows and conventions
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelors degree with demonstrated aptitude to grasp technical concepts
- 3+ years of client facing experience in a technical sales position
- Superior communications skills, excellent verbal capacity, and the ability to capture an audience during a presentation
- Evidence of consistently meeting/ exceeding sales quota
- Previous experience with SR&ED and/or other technology grants a plus
- Energy, passion, humor, compassion and enthusiasm
- Experience with office productivity tools
Competitive salary plus commission.
Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.